OVERVIEW – Carson - Newman
SCORE: Northwood 6, Carson - Newman 2
RECORDS: Northwood 3-1, (0-0 GLIAC), Carson - Newman 5-5, (0-0 SAC)
LOCATION: Silver Diamond Baseball Complex
RECAP: Northwood pulls ahead early, rides strong pitching and defense to 6-2 road win at Carson-Newman.
- Looking to bounce back after a late defeat in yesterday's action, Northwood struck first in the top of the first after Connor Foley doubled and later scored on a Carson-Newman throwing error.
- Carson-Newman wasted little time in striking back with a run of their own in the home half of the second to even the score at one. However, in the top of the third, Foley once again sparked the offense for Northwood with a leadoff walk and would later score on a two-run double by David Vinsky to push the Timberwolves in front, 3-1.
- After the Eagles plated a run in the bottom of the sixth to pull within one, Northwood added a pair in the top of the eighth to pull ahead 6-2.
- In the bottom of the ninth, with the Timberwolves on top 6-2, Larry Wood struck out the side to earn the save and chalk a W in the left column for Northwood.
- Northwood's Tyler Jandron was phenomenal in his Timberwolves debut. The transfer from Wisconsin Parkside hurled six innings and allowed just two runs to earn the win on the mound.
- Runs/Hits/Errors Northwood: 6/9/1 Carson - Newman 2/5/3
- Runners Left on Base: Northwood: 14 Carson - Newman: 11
- Winning Pitcher: Tyler Jandron (1-0) 6 IP, 5H, 2R, 2ER 2BB, 9K
- Losing Pitcher: Ryan Eberie (1-2) 3 IP, 2H, 2R, 2ER 5BB, 3K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- David Vinsky (3-5, 2 2B, 2RBI)
- Brian Dombrowski (2-5 2B, 1RBI)
- Connor Foley (2-3, 3R)
- Daniel Pulver (1-2 1RBI
- Tyler Jandron makes his debut as a Timberwolf and earns his first career win.
- Larry Wood earned the save by pitching three scoreless innings for Northwood.
- Northwood totaled 13 walks, the most on the season.
- The Timberwolves will conclude the weekend series at Carson-Newman with a game on Sunday, (February 19). First pitch is slated for noon.