SCORE: No. 17 Ashland 45, Northwood 7
RECORDS: Northwood (1-5, 1-5 GLIAC), Ashland (5-1, 4-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Miller Stadium – Ashland, Ohio
RECAP: Ashland controlled play from the start in a 45-7 win over Northwood Saturday afternoon (October 8).
INSIDE THE GAME
- After the two teams exchanged punts to start the game, Ashland got on the board first with a field goal early in the first quarter to take a 3-0 lead.
- The Timberwolves were unable to get their offense going in the opening half while Ashland got rolling. The Eagles scored three touchdowns the rest of the first half to go up 24-0 at the break.
- Ashland eventually led 38-0 in the fourth quarter when the Timberwolves got on the board. Redshirt freshman Abdul Levy capped an 11-play, 75-yard drive with a two-yard run.
- AU returned the following kickoff for a touchdown to round out the scoring and give the Eagles a win.
- FIRST DOWNS: Ashland 25, Northwood 13
- RUSHES-YARDS: Ashland 37-141, Northwood 40-120
- PASSING YARDS: Ashland 332, Northwood 64
- TOTAL OFFENSE, PLAYS-YARDS: Ashland 73-473, Northwood 53-184
- TIME OF POSSESSION: Ashland 33:32, Northwood 26:28
- TURNOVERS: Ashland 0, Northwood 1
- Levy: 13 carries, 71 yards, 1 TD
- Tommy Jacobs: seven punts, 45.7 average, three punts downed inside the 20.
- Ayrn Curtis: 11 tackles, pass breakup
- Michael Fisher: Nine tackles
- Senior linebacker Michael Fisher now holds the career record for tackles at Northwood. He now has 376 career stops, breaking the old record held by former NU All-American Charleston Hughes (372 – 2003-06).
- The Timberwolves will travel to Ohio Dominican Saturday (October 15). Kickoff is set for Noon.