OVERVIEW – CEDARVILLE
SCORE: Northwood 73, Cedarville 61
RECORDS: Northwood (0-4), Cedarville (2-2)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood cuts big Cedarville lead down to four but the Yellow Jackets finish strong in 73-61 victory over the Timberwolves Saturday afternoon (November 19).
- Cedarville scores the first two points of the game and never looked back, eventually taking a 41-32 lead to the locker room.
- The Yellow Jackets eventually got into a groove hitting 50 percent from the floor (16-32) and three-point range (5-10). The Timberwolves shot 36 percent from the field (9-25), 40 percent mark from behind the arc (4-10) and 76.0 percent from the foul line (10-13).
- The Timberwolves came out with the first five points of the half to again come close to tying the game trailing by four, but a subsequent 10-2 run by Cedarville lead to as much as 14 (60-46) with 12 minutes remaining.
- Northwood caught fire after the ten-minute mark. An 11-0 run made it 60-57 as the home team came close once again with six minutes to play. As was the theme of the contest, however, when the Timberwolves came close, the Yellow Jackets found a way to pull away again, ending the game on a 13-4 run to win by 12.
- Cedarville shot 35.5 percent from the field (11-31) including 44.4 percent from behind the arc (4-9) after the break. Northwood shot 31.0 percent in the second half (9-29) and 27.3 percent from three-point range (3-11).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Cedarville .429 (27-63), Northwood .333 (18-54)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE : Cedarville .474 (9-19), Northwood .333 (7-21)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Cedarville .769 (10-13), Northwood .720 (18-25)
- REBOUNDS: Cedarville 41 (15 offensive), Northwood 38 (15 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Cedarville 14/13, Northwood 8/17
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Matt Crowl: 19 points, 12 rebounds, two blocks
- Nick Spitzley: 17 points, three 3-ptrs, three rebounds, two assists
- Zach Allread: Eight points, four rebounds, two assists
- Cedarville outscored the Timberwolves in the paint (26-16), off of turnovers (23-12), on second chances (15-11), and off of the bench (31-8).
- Matt Crowl registered his first career double-double in the game. He tied his career-high in points (19) and set a career-high in rebounds (12)
- The Timberwolves will hit the road and head to Puerto Rico for a game against the Washburn Thursday (November 23). Game time is set for 1 p.m. EST.