OVERVIEW – QUINCY
SCORE: Quincy 91, Northwood 83
RECORDS: Northwood (0-7), Quincy (6-1)
LOCATION: Mario Moralez Coliseum – San Juan, Puerto Rico.
RECAP: Northwood's comeback bid falls short as Quincy holds on for the 91-83 victory in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- The opening minutes of the contest saw Quincy take advantage of several Northwood turnovers, but the Timberwolves were able to remain close, trailing 15-11 after the first five minutes of action.
- The Hawks elevated their level of play as the first half continued and eventually opened up a 36-23 lead over Northwood thanks to solid execution on the offensive end and tough defense.
- In the final seconds of the first half, Quincy built more momentum connecting on a jump shot at the buzzer to extend the lead to an even twenty at the break, 48-28.
- In the first half, Quincy was hot from the floor shooting 57% (16-28) While Northwood struggled, connecting on 31% from the floor (10-32).
- Quincy built its largest lead of the game in the second half, leading by 25, 62-37 after the first media timeout of the second half.
- With 9:42 remaining in the game, Quincy still remained in control, leading 66-46.
- Northwood turned to their pressure defense to get back into the game forcing Quincy to turn the ball over with regularity, and scoring 15 of the next 19 points of the game, cutting the lead to single digits, 70-61 with under four minutes to play
- Northwood's press continue to give the Hawks fits, but it was not enough to overcome the deficit facing the Timberwolves as Quincy held on for the 91-83 win.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Quincy .519 (27-52), Northwood .412 (28-68)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE : Quincy.412 (7-17), Northwood .286 (8-28)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Quincy .789 (30-38), Northwood .731 (19-26)
- REBOUNDS: Northwood 33 (16 offensive), Quincy 38 (12 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northwood 9/16, Quincy 9/20
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Quincy outscored Northwood from the free throw line (30-19)
- Northwood outscored Quincy off of turnogers (24-23) and in the paint (28-24)
- This was the second meeting all time between the two schools and the first since 1988, Quincy has now won both matchups.
- The Timberwolves will open GLIAC play at home on Thursday (December 1) against Tiffin. Game time is set for 8 PM.