OVERVIEW – FINDLAY
SCORE: Findlay Oilers 91, Northwood Timberwolves 73
RECORDS: Northwood (1-9, 1-2 GLIAC), Findlay (5-2, 2-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Croy Gymnasium – Findlay, Ohio
RECAP: Findlay dominates the opening 14 minutes of the game in a 91-73 victory over Northwood Thursday night (December 8).
- Northwood scored the first three points of the game and the score was tied 5-5 when Findlay went on a huge run that proved to be the difference in the game. The Oilers scored 16 straight points and eventually opened up a 43-16 lead with just over 6 minutes remaining in the first half.
- The Timberwolves fought back with a big push to end the opening stanza. Northwood scored 17 of the final 19 points, capped off by a Zach Allread 3-pointer at the buzzer to cut the Findlay lead down to 45-33 at the break.
- Thanks to their hot start, the Oilers shot 50.0 percent from the floor (17-34) overall and 41.2 percent from 3-point range (7-17). Northwood ended up at 36.1 percent overall (13-36) and 19.0 percent from 3-point range (4-21).
- Northwood eventually got the lead down to 10 at 54-44 with less than 15 minutes to go in the game. But the Oilers used an 11-1 run to get the lead back up to 20 at 65-45 with 10:29 remaining. The Timberwolves got no closer than 16 the rest of the way.
- Both teams were strong offensively in the second half – Findlay shot 51.6 percent (16-31) overall and 41.7 percent from 3-point range (5-12). Northwood ended up at 45.7 percent (16-35) overall and 6-7 from the foul line (85.7 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Findlay .508 (33-65), Northwood .408 (29-71)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Findlay .414 (12-29), Northwood .207 (6-29)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Findlay .813 (13-16), Northwood .750 (9-12)
- REBOUNDS: Findlay 41 (Nine offensive), Northwood 38 (12 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Findlay 16/8, Northwood 12/5
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Zach Allread: 19 points (7-13 from the floor, 2-5 from 3-point range, 3-4 from the foul line)
- Matt Crowl: 17 points (7-12 from the floor), eight rebounds
- Brad Schaub: 10 points (5-7 from the floor), five assists, four rebounds, two steals
- Northwood has never posted a victory at Findlay – the Timberwolves are now 0-17 all-time at the Croy Gymnasium.
- The Timberwolves will host Albion in a non-conference game Saturday afternoon (December 8). Game time is set for 3 p.m.