OVERVIEW – WALSH
SCORE: Walsh Cavaliers 79, Northwood Timberwolves 56
RECORDS: Northwood (2-10, 1-3 GLIAC) Walsh (8-2, 3-2 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Walsh controls play and finishes the game strong in a 79-56 win over Northwood Thursday night (December 15).
- The opening half featured big swings in momentum for both sides. It was Walsh who had the early advantage, opening up a 21-9 lead.
- Northwood responded with a run of their open, scoring 12 of the next 14 points in less than three minutes to cut the WU lead down to 23-21 with under 10 minutes remaining in the half.
- Walsh got going again at that point, eventually opening up a 13-point lead on two occasions, the last of which was at 39-26 with under three minutes to go in the half.
- NU made the final run of the opening 20 minutes, scoring the final 10 points of the half to make the score 39-66 at the break.
- Stats were close in the half – both teams made 15 field goals and four 3-pointers. Walsh made five free throws to two for Northwood to earn the three point lead.
- With under 11 minutes to go in the game, the Walsh lead was four at 53-49.
- The lead was 10 (66-56) with under five minutes to go when the Cavaliers took the game over.
- Walsh scored the final 13 points of the game over the last 4:45 to close out the game with their biggest lead of the night at 23 points.
- Shooting proved to be the key after halftime – Walsh got their field goal percentage up to 53.8 percent in the second half (14-26) while holding Northwood to 20.8 percent after the break (5-24).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Walsh .500 (29-58), Northwood .351 (20-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Walsh .333 (7-21), Northwood .250 (6-24)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Walsh .933 (14-15), Northwood .769 (10-13)
- REBOUNDS: Walsh 36 (10 offensive), Northwood 33 (13 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Walsh 12/10, Northwood 12/14
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- PJ Weaver: Career-high 20 points, four rebounds three steals
- Zach Allread: Nine points, six rebounds
- Inside play was a big part of the win for Walsh – they out-scored Northwood 40-20 in points in the paint.
- The Timberwolves will host Lake Erie Saturday night (December 17). Game time is set for 7 p.m.