OVERVIEW – NORTHERN MICHIGAN
SCORE: Northern Michigan Wildcats 79, Northwood Timberwolves 62
RECORDS: Northwood (5-20, 3-13 GLIAC), Northern Michigan (7-14, 5-11 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northern Michigan run to open second half dooms Northwood in 79-62 NMU victory Saturday (February 4).
- The game was close early – NMU led 13-11 10 minutes into the contest.
- With the Wildcats lead at 27-21 with under six minutes remaining, Northern Michigan made a big push to finish the half. NMU scored 14 of the final 19 points to extend their advantage to 41-26 at halftime.
- Northwood shot 38.5 percent from the floor in the first (10-26), making just 16.7 percent of their attempts from three-point range (1-6).
- Northern Michigan sunk 43.2 percent of their overall shots (16-37), but built their lead from 3-point range. NMU made 52.9 percent of their attempts from beyond the arc (9-17).
- NMU came out fast in the second half to put the game away, scoring 21 of the first 27 points to extend their advantage to 62-32.
- Northwood showed some fight down the stretch but was only able to cut the Wildcat advantage down to 16.
- The Timberwolves shot 36.1 percent from the field (13-36) in the second half, making 40 percent of their three-point attempts (6-15).
- The Wildcats shot a sparkling 60.9 percent from the floor (14-23) overall while knocking down 57.1 percent of their three-point attempts (4-7).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .500 (30-60), Northwood .371 (23-62)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .542 (13-24), Northwood .333 (7-21)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northern Michigan .500 (6-12), Northwood .692 (9-13)
- REBOUNDS: Northern Michigan 36 (10 offensive), Northwood 39 (10 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northern Michigan 17/9, Northwood 9/13
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Brad Schaub: 12 points, seven rebounds, one assist, one block, one steal
- PJ Weaver: 11 points, six rebounds, two blocks
- Kyle Lamotte: nine points, three rebounds
- The Timberwolves will travel to Grand Valley State Thursday (February 9). Game time is set for 8 p.m.