SCORE: #11 Northwood 4, Ohio Dominican 0
RECORDS: Northwood (4-1, 3-1 GLIAC), Ohio Dominican (2-3, 2-2 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: No. 11 Northwood used a dominant second half performance in a 4-0 conference win over Ohio Dominican Sunday (September 18).
INSIDE THE GAME
- Ohio Dominican statistically was the better team in the opening half, but Northwood got the only goal in the opening 45 minutes. Bryan Lawson (Troy, Mich./Athens) crossed a ball into the area which was deflected in by an ODU defender for an own-goal, giving NU a 1-0 lead at the break. The Panthers out-shot Northwood 7-5 and held a 4-1 edge in corner kicks.
- Northwood took their level of play up in the second half, finding the back of the net three times.
- The Timberwolves broke the game open in the 53rd minute with two goals in 28 seconds. Ben Campbell (Macomb, Mich./Eisenhower) took a feed from Connor Cole (Plymouth, Mich./Salem) and beat the keeper at 52:42 to make the score 2-0. Then at 52:42, Campbell found Eamonn Kelly (Belfast, Northern Ireland/St. Mary's CBGS) off a rebound to put Northwood up 4-0.
- Campbell put the game away in the 75th minute after beating the ODU keeper to a loose ball, which Campbell tapped in for his second goal and fifth point of the day.
- SHOTS: Northwood 13, Ohio Dominican 14
- SAVES: Northwood 5 (Brendan Brown), Ohio Dominican 4 (Clayton Hildebrand)
- CORNER KICKS: Northwood 4, Ohio Dominican 6
- With his five point performance today, Campbell takes over the team lead in points on the season with nine. Kelly is second with six points.
- Brown now has two shutouts in his first four career starts and currently sports a 0.75 goals against average.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Walsh Friday night (September 23). The match will get under way at 7 p.m.