SCORE: Tiffin Dragons 1, Northwood Timberwolves 1
RECORDS: Northwood (6-2-3, 5-2-3 GLIAC), Tiffin (10-2-1, 8-2-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Timberwolves, Dragons fight through two lightning delays and tie 1-1 after play was haulted due to darkness.
INSIDE THE GAME
- Right before the second lightning delay, Tiffin after all their previous opportunities made good on the most important one. In the middle of the 59th minute, Scott Byrom charged into midfield from the left of Northwood's zone trying to get an edge on Northwood's defense. Seeing an opening, he took a shot that deflected off of a Northwood defenseman and into the back of the net for a 1-0 lead.
- As the sun went down in the last ten minutes, Northwood was pressing for a tie. Awarded a free kick from the left side, they finally broke through. Sent into a mad scramble, the ball passed through many legs and hands each trying either clear the ball or bury it. Connor Cole made sure to get the last leg on it right in front of the net and tied the game at one at the 82:02 mark.
- After ninety minutes of play and a total of 3:10 minutes of time from the start of the contest, the game was ended at 7:10 local time due to darkness.
- SHOTS: Tiffin 20, Northwood 7
- SAVES: Northwood 8, Tiffin 2
- CORNER KICKS: Tiffin 6, Northwood 3
- FOULS: Northwood 12, Tiffin 10
- Northwood tied Tiffin last season 2-2 at the end of two overtime periods October 25. The previous seven matchups before the consecutive ties, Northwood held a 4-3 edge head-to-head dating back to 2012.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Ashland on October 14th for a game against the Eagles. Game time is set for 7 p.m.