SCORE: Northwood 2, Ashland 1
RECORDS: Northwood 7-2-3, 6-2-3 GLIAC, Ashland 4-8-1, 2-8-1 GLIAC
LOCATION: Ferguson Field – Ashland, Ohio
RECAP: Cooper Huslig's unassisted goal in the second half propels Northwood over Ashland, 2-1, in GLIAC play.
INSIDE THE GAME
- The two teams exchanged chances in the first half but neither were able to break through resulting in a scoreless tie at the break.
- The second half proved to be far more eventful beginning with Northwood breaking the tie moments into the second half on a rocket past the keeper by Brady Cole.
- Ashland responded with a goal of their own at 56:41 to knot the score at one a piece.
- With the match tied at one, Cooper Huslig provided the go-ahead goal for Northwood at the 74:16 mark.
- Huslig's first goal of the season proved to be the difference as the Timberwolves preserved the 2-1 victory.
- SHOTS: Northwood 20, Ashland 10
- SAVES: Northwood 4 (Brendan Brown) , Ashland 9
- CORNER KICKS: Northwood 7, Ashland 0
- Northwood controlled the play for the majority of the match, limiting Ashland to just 5 shots in the first half and doubling up the Eagles in shots for the game 20, 10.
- Cooper Huslig's first goal in a Timberwolves uniform serves as the game winner for Northwood who completes the season sweep over the Ashland Eagles.
- The Timberwolves will play a road game at Ohio Dominican on Sunday, October 16. Game time is set for 2pm.