SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 1, Lake Erie Storm 0
RECORDS: Northwood (10-2-3, 9-2-3 GLIAC), Lake Erie (7-6-3, 5-6-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: An early goal for Connor Cole is the difference maker as the Timberwolves defeat Lake Erie 1-0 at home in GLIAC play.
INSIDE THE GAME
- The Timberwolves opened the scoring with the first goal of the day nine minutes in. On a James Vaughan free kick from right midfield, his shot inside the box deflected off of a defender and off the left goal post. On the rebound, Connor Cole got a leg on the ball and deposited it short-side past the Lake Erie keeper for a 1-0 Northwood advantage.
- Six minutes after Cole's goal, Lake Erie got their best chance of the half on a free kick of their own at the top of the box on the left side. Dishing the ball to the middle, Jesse Schluter had a wide open shot from the middle of the box and curved it high and to the right past Brendan Brown's cage.
- The best chance to tie the game for Lake Erie in the second half came on the heels of Gabriel Ferreria. On a bouncing ball the deflected into the middle, he got a foot on it and kicked it to the right side of the net. Diving to his right, Brendan Brown made a key save with his hands to preserve the 1-0 Northwood lead.
- The Timberwolves withstood every Lake Erie scoring attempt from there on out and remained strong down the stretch to earn the 1-0 victory.
- SHOTS: Northwood 10, Lake Erie 8
- SAVES: Lake Erie 6, Northwood 4
- CORNER KICKS: Northwood 3, Lake Erie 1
- FOULS: Northwood 22, Lake Erie 6
- Northwood has gone 4-0-1 in their last five against Lake Erie dating back to last season, allowing a grand total of 0 goals.
- Brendan Brown posted his fifth shutout of the season and Connor Cole got his third game-winning goal this campaign.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Findlay on October 26th for a game against the Oilers. Game time is set for 4:00 pm.