OVERVIEW – MISSOURI S&T
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 2, Missouri S&T Miners 2
RECORDS: Northwood 1-1-1, Missouri S&T 1-0-1
LOCATION: Rolla, Mo. – Missouri S&T Soccer Field
RECAP: Double overtime ends in 2-2 draw at Missouri S&T Tuesday night (September 5) to conclude three-game road trip.
- Missouri S&T's first shot of the night found the back of the net in the 11th minute of the match when Austin Parks received a through ball from Unnar Ulfarsson.
- Northwood had scoring chances throughout the first half, but the Miners kept them off the board. NU held an advantage in shots (10-5) and corner kicks (5-0).
- It took Northwood very little time in the second half to tie the game 1-1. A James Vaughan shot was blocked in the 50th minute but Vaughan burried the rebound to score the game-tying goal.
- The Miners responded in the 62nd minute with a header goal off of a free kick to regain the lead 2-1.
- Just over a minute later, NU's Brady Cole put a head ball past the goal keeper to tie the game 2-2 in the 64th minute. The goal marked Cole's first of the season and Connor Cole was credited for the assist.
- Neither team was able to convert any shots the rest of regulation. NU held a 21-7 advantage in shots and a 7-0 lead in corners, while Missouri S&T had an 8-0 edge in saves.
- Both teams had scoring opportunities in overtime, but neither were able to break through.
- Shots: Northwood 27, Missouri S&T 12
- Saves: Missouri S&T 12 (Aaron Hohenstein), Northwood 1 (Corbin Cecchini)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 7, Missouri S&T 1
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will open their home schedule at Dean Soccer Field against Ohio Valley Friday (September 8). Game time is set for 2:00 p.m.