OVERVIEW - NORTHWESTERN OHIO
SCORE: Northwestern Ohio Racers 7, Northwood Timberwolves 2
RECORDS: Northwood (1-1), Northwestern Ohio (6-0)
LOCATION: Limo, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood dropped a 7-2 match at NAIA power Northwestern Ohio Friday night (February 24).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The Racers got off to a fast start in match, winning all three matches. NU's best chance at a win came in the No. 2 match, but the Timberwolves dropped a 9-8 match in a tiebreaker.
- The Timberwolves won two matches in singles, winning at the No. 3 and No. 6 positions.
- Francois Sauerrman and Ivan Medvynskyi: One victory on the day
- Northwestern Ohio is currently ranked No. 5 in NAIA. The Racers have already beaten three GLIAC schools (Tiffin, Walsh, Northwood) and Division I Detroit this season.
- The Timberwolves will travel to South Carolina for spring break for a match against Catawba March 4.
1. Theo Baudin (NOMT) def. Austin Woody (NU) 6-2, 7-6 (8-6)
2. Iustin Baciu (NOMT) def. Kobus Sauerman (NU) 7-6 (8-6), 6-1
3. Francois Sauerrman (NU) def. Gjorgji Popovski (NOMT) 6-4, 6-4
4. Jean-Marc Krone (NOMT) def. David Reinauer (NU) 6-2, 3-6, 6-1
5. Ronnie Myburgh (NOMT) def. Lorenz Bialkowski (NU) 6-4, 6-4
6. Ivan Medvynskyi (NU) def. Lars Kaplusch (NOMT) 7-6 (9-7), 7-6 (7-2)
2. Jean-Marc Krone/Ronnie Myburgh (NOMT) def. Francois Sauerrman/David Reinauer (NU) 9-8 (8-6)