OVERVIEW: GVSU Big Meet
EVENT: GVSU Big Meet
LOCATION: Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Mich.
RECAP: The Northwood University track and field teams hit the road and headed west for the GVSU Big Meet, a two day affair held on the campus of Grand Valley State University. Tyler Jensen sets a school record in the 5K while Jennifer Mckenna continues to climb the Northwood record books in the mile event.
INSIDE THE MEET
- A total of 15 events were scored in both the men's meet and the women's meet, as 37 teams were represented in the women's ranks, and 40 institutions competed on the men's side.
- Less than 24 hours after being named Academic All-Americans, both Tyler Jensen and Jennifer Mckenna added to a remarkable weekend on the track for the Northwood Timberwolves.
- Tyler Jensen sets a school record in the 5K with a time of 14:48.75, obliterating the previous record by seven seconds and improving his personal record by an astounding 15 seconds.
- Jennifer Mckenna continues her decorated career by moving up the charts in the mile event for Northwood. After posting a 5:05.34 time this weekend, Mckenna passes former teammate Dani Miller at the #3 spot all-time in program history.
- It was also a memorable weekend for Northwood's Will Moench as the senior from Holland, Michigan was competing close to home on the west side of the state. Moench set a five second lifetime personal record in the 5K with his time of 15:30.51, which also ranks in the top ten all time at Northwood at ninth in school history.
- Northwood's Paul Evans snagged a spot on the podium in the Men's Weight Throw as the junior captured an NCAA provisional mark with his heave of 18.12M, good enough for third place overall in the event. Vie
The Timberwolves will compete at the Hillsdale Tune-Up in Hillsdale, Mich. on Friday, (February 17).