OVERVIEW: GVSU Big Meet
EVENT: GVSU Big Meet – Friday & Saturday
LOCATION: Kelly Family Sports Center - Allendale, Mich.
RECAP: Patrick's school record in the 3000 meter run highlights weekend trip to Allendale for the two-day GVSU Big Meet Friday (February 9) and Saturday (February 10).
INSIDE THE MEET
- Freshman Brian Patrick broke the indoor school record in the 3000 meter run with a time of 8:39.86 in his first collegiate race at the distance on the indoor circuit. Patrick's time eclipsed the school record of 8:40.79 set by Marcus Rogers in 2014.
- Freshman Mason Phillips completed the 60 meter dash preliminaries in 6.97 seconds to qualify for the finals. Phillips finished sixth in the 60 meter dash finals with a time of 6.92 to match his collegiate best. He later finished sixth in the 200 meter dash in 21.79 seconds for a new collegiate best, just .02 seconds off the NCAA provisional standard of 21.77 and .03 off the school record.
- Freshman Dylan Rocha ran a 15:05 in the 5000 meter run to move himself to fourth in school history and a new lifetime best.
- Freshman Trestin Mancillas-Finnerty registered a time of 1:55.76 in the 800 meter run. That time gives him a new lifetime best and moves himself into the top ten in school history.
- Senior Carly D'Almeida threw a NCAA provisional mark of 18.25 meters/59 feet-10.50 inches in the weight throw invite section. That mark is the second best throw in her career behind her toss of 18.45 meters at the GVSU Bob Eubanks Open in January.
- Junior Heaven Powell finished in a three-way tie for second place in the high jump. Powell's top clearance for the meet was 1.64 meters/5 feet-4.5 inches.
The Northwood track and field teams will have one final weekend of competition before the GLIAC Indoor Championships, splitting the weekend at the GVSU Tune-Up Friday (February 16) at 2:45 pm and the Hillsdale Last Chance Meet Saturday (February 17) at noon.