OVERVIEW – YELLOW JACKET COLLEGIATE OUTDOOR OPEN / RALEIGH RELAYS
EVENT: Yellow Jacket Collegiate Outdoor Open
LOCATION: Yellow Jacket T&F Complex – Cedarville, Ohio.
RECAP: NCAA provisional marks turned in by D'Almeida, Evens, Phillips highlights track and field at Cedarville's Yellow Jacket Collegiate Outdoor Open Saturday (March 31).
INSIDE THE MEET
MEN'S TRACK & FIELD
- Paul Evans notched an NCAA provisional qualifying mark in the hammer throw with a throw of 58.62 meters/194 feet-2 inches. Evans also finished second in the discus throw with a mark of 47.36 meters/155 feet-4 inches.
- Mason Phillips picked up his second NCAA provisional qualifying mark of the outdoor season, this time in the long jump, winning the event with a mark of 7.40 meters/24 feet-3.5 inches. Phillips now sits second in school history in the event.
- Phillips teamed up with John King, Austin Hamlet and Christopher Bent in the 4x100 meter relay to win the event in 43.22 seconds.
- Bent and Hamlet finished first and third, respectively, in the 100-meter dash with times of 10.62 seconds and 10.96 seconds.
- Phillips and Bent finished second and third in the 200-meter dash with times of 21.63 and 21.76, respectively.
- Ricky Harvey had a clearance of 1.78 meters/5 feet-10 inches to finish second in the high jump.
- In the javelin, Ben Quella's top mark of 50.36 meters/165 feet-3 inches was good for a third place finish.
- Ben Haupt recorded a time of 10:28.08 for a fifth-place finish in the 3000-meter steeplechase.
WOMEN'S TRACK & FIELD
- Carly D'Almeida picked up a win in the hammer throw with a new NCAA provisional qualifying mark of 52.54 meters/172 feet-4 inches.
- Heaven Powell's best clearance in the high jump was 1.63 meters/5 feet-4.25 inches put her in a tie for first place.
- Riley Johnson earned a second-place finish in the javelin with a throw of 33 meters/108 feet-3 inches.
- Dana Turner registered a mark of 5.40 meters/17 feet-8.75 inches to finish second in the long jump.
- Madison Arnouts finished third in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:09.10.
- Morgan Bolinger claimed a third-place finish in the 3000-meter steeplechase with a time of 12:45.67.
- Three Timberwolves were in the discus finals. Johnson picked up a fourth-place finish in the discus throw with a mark of 38.82 meters/127 feet-4 inches. Jessica Marvin was eighth with a mark of 36.50 meters/119 feet-9 inches, while Hannah Gearhart's throw of 35.68 meters/117 feet-1 inch was good for a ninth-place finish.
- In the shot put, Kursinsky finished seventh in the shot put with a throw of 11.72 meters/38 feet-5.5 inches.
- In the 800-meter run, freshman Amanda Aquinaga finished eighth with a time of 2:29.30.
EVENT: Raleigh Relays
LOCATION: Paul Derr Track & Field Facility – Raleigh, N.C.
RECAP: A trio of distance runners competed at the Raleigh Relays Friday (March 30).
INSIDE THE MEET
- Trestin Mancillas-Finnerty and Brian Patrick opened up their outdoor campaigns in the 1500 meter run, posting times of 3:59.46 and 4:00.17, respectively.
The Timberwolves will compete at the Knight Invite Thursday-Friday (April 5-6) in Indianapolis, Ind.