OVERVIEW – OHIO DOMINICAN
SCORE: Ohio Dominican Panthers 72, Northwood Timberwolves 68
RECORDS: Northwood (6-6, 3-4 GLIAC) Ohio Dominican (10-5, 5-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Alumni Hall – Columbus, Ohio
RECAP: Ohio Dominican finshes the game strong to post a 72-68 win over Northwood Saturday afternoon (January 7).
- Ohio Dominican scored the first four points of the game and led throughout the opening quarter. The Panthers led by as many as seven points before taking a 19-13 lead after one.
- ODU shot 45.5 percent from the floor (5-11) and went 8-8 from the foul line in the quarter. Northwood ended up at 38.5 percent from the floor (5-13) and 1-2 from the foul line.
- Northwood's 3-point shooting in the second quarter got the Timberwolves back into the game. NU went 4-4 from beyond the arc in the quarter, allowing them to out-score ODU 22-14 and take a 35-33 lead at halftime.
- NU's defense was also strong in the quarter, holding the Panthers to 4-16 from the floor in the quarter (25.0 percent).
- Northwood got their led up to as many nine at 49-40 with under five minutes remaining in the quarter. But the Panthers finished the quarter strong, eventually cutting the lead down to 55-53 heading to the fourth.
- NU was 8-18 from the floor in the quarter (44.4 percent) while holding HC to 5-19 (26.3 percent).
- Both teams shot 47.1 percent from the floor in the quarter (8-17). NU made four 3-pointers, while ODU made two free throws and two 3-pointers.
- Northwood held a four-point lead (65-61) at the final media timeout, but the Panthers were the better team down the stretch. ODU out-scored NU 11-3 in the final 4:53 to earn the win.
- Both teams spent a lot of time at the foul line in the fourth – ODU went 11-12 from the line (91.7 percent) while NU was 9-12 (75.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ohio Dominican .362 (21-58), Northwood .375 (21-56)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ohio Dominican .364 (4-11), Northwood .526 (10-19)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ohio Dominican .963 (26-27), Northwood .800 (16-20)
- REBOUNDS: Ohio Dominican 35 (six offensive), Northwood 39 (eight offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ohio Dominican 12/11, Northwood 15/17
- Ohio Dominican made their first 25 free throws of the game.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Jordyn Nurenberg: 18 points (16 in the second half)
- Lindsay Orwat: 13 points
- Maddy Seeley: 15 points
- The Timberwolves will host Grand Valley State Thursday (January 12). Game time is set for 6 p.m.