OVERVIEW – BIG APPLE LADY INVITATIONAL
LOCATION: Elmwood Golf Club – White Plains, N.Y. (Par 72 – 5,921 yards)
RECAP: Northwood wrapped up the fall portion of their 2016-17 season with a fifth place finish at the Big Apple Lady Invitational Monday-Tuesday (October 17-18)
INSIDE THE EVENT
- Northwood shot team scores of 315-327 to finish with a score of 642, good for fifth place overall.
- Indianapolis was the overall winner at 586 (298-288), followed by Missouri-St. Louis at 608 (300-308).
- A total of 14 teams took part in the tournament.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Danielle Little: 77-79=156 – tied for 14th overall
- Monica Gabriele: 81-77=158 – 19th overall
- A total of 81 players competed in the tournament
- The four teams that beat Northwood in the tournament are all nationally ranked: Indianapolis (No. 2), Missouri-St. Louis (No. 14), Cal State Monterey Bay (No. 30) and Grand Valley State (No. 24).
- Northwood finished ahead of Southern Indiana (326-330=656), who is ranked No. 43 nationally.
- Northwood will return to action in the spring of 2017.