SCORE: Northwood 3, Alma 1
RECORDS: Northwood (1-0), Alma (0-1)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: With three goals in a 20-minute span in the first half, the Timberwolves earned a season-opening victory over Alma College.
INSIDE THE GAME
- The Timberwolves opened the scoring nearly 15 minutes in on a goal from Samantha Medici (Oxford, Mich./Oxford) that saw her chip the ball off the far post and in from the left side of the box.
- Just eight minutes later, Northwood's Jessica Flores (San Diego, Calif./Verdugo Hills) boomed a shot to the back of the net from just inside the area for her first of the season.
- Midfielder Allison Carroll (Grand Blanc, Mich./Grand Blanc) joined her fellow senior taking a corner pass in front of the net with just under ten minutes left in the half and burying it to put Northwood in total control with a 3-goal cushion.
- Just over 20 minutes into the second half, Alma got on the board with forward Janelle Christiensen finding the twine from the right side to make the score 3-1.
- SHOTS: Northwood 19, Alma 10
- SAVES: Alma 8 (Kelsey Postema), Northwood 3 (Samantha Cook)
- CORNER KICKS: Northwood 4, Alma 2
- Dean Pappas's group started last season 0-2-1 before they got their first win.
- Flores scored seven of the Timberwolves' 16 goals last season, netting her 16th career goal in this contest to go along with an assist.
- Both Flores and Carroll ended the game with a goal and an assist
- The Timberwolves will host Cedarville on Saturday (September 3). Game time is set for 4 p.m.