SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 3, Lake Erie Storm 0
RECORDS: Northwood (5-4, 2-2 GLIAC), Lake Erie (6-4, 1-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Timberwolves get contributions across the lineup in 3-0 win against Lake Erie to close out Homecoming Weekend.
INSIDE THE GAME
- Halfway through the first, the Timberwolves opened the scoring in the form of a senior connecting with a freshman. Savannah King was near the right corner when she fed a pass inside the box to Karina Parker with a defender on her. Parker turned to her right and fired far side to beat the keeper for her first goal of her collegiate career to give Northwood a 1-0 lead.
- Minutes into the second half, another Timberwolf scored her first goal of the season. Allison Carroll picked up a loose ball on the right side of the box and led Olivia Kaye to the middle. Running across to the left side of the box, she turned and fired a shot that deflected off the keeper's hands and into the net to extend the lead.
- Northwood rounded out the scoring in the 59th minute. Carroll was in on the act again, leading Sara Lamphere on a breakaway with a pass from right midfield. The junior made no mistake and slid it to the bottom left corner of the net for a 3-0 lead.
- SHOTS: Northwood 11, Lake Erie 4
- SAVES: Northwood 3, Lake Erie 2
- CORNER KICKS: Lake Erie 3, Northwood 2
- FOULS: Northwood 10, Lake Erie 5
- Carroll with her two points today extends her lead at the top of the Timberwolf roster at 11. (four goals, three assists).
- This is Northwood's fifth shutout of the Storm in the last six meetings dating back to 2011. They have outscored Lake Erie 14-0 combined in those games.
- The Timberwolves will host Northern Michigan for a game on Friday, October 7. Kickoff is set for 2 p.m.