SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 1, Northern Michigan Wildcats 0
RECORDS: Northwood (6-4, 3-2 GLIAC), Northern Michigan (1-8-3, 0-3-2 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Cook, Timberwolves shut down Northern Michigan in 1-0 victory
INSIDE THE GAME
- In a half with few chances, Northwood made sure to make the most of theirs. In the 21stminute, defenseman Christina Medici was awarded a corner kick from the right side of the field. In prime position at the top of the box, midfielder Alyssa Cowper timed her jump correctly and headed the ball to the left past a diving Northern Michigan goalkeeper for a 1-0 Timberwolf lead.
- The two teams battled back and forth for the remainder of the half, but neither team found the back of the net leaving the score 1-0 in Northwood's favor.
- In the second half, Northwood did have chances to add to their lead, none better than Jessica Flores's close call from in tight at the 62 minute mark. Catching a pass right in front of the Wildcat keeper from Savannah King on the left side, the senior slid the ball just wide of the right post leaving the score 1-0.
- The Timberwolves continued the stellar defense throughout the match to hold on for the 1-0 victory at home.
- SHOTS: Northwood 8, Northern Mich. 6
- SAVES: Northwood 3, Northern Mich. 3
- CORNER KICKS: Northwood 5, Northern Mich. 4
- FOULS: Northwood 7, Northern Mich. 7
- Northwood Keeper Samantha Cook posted her 8th career shutout and fourth this season.
- The Timberwolves have won four of the last five meetings with the Wildcats dating back to 2012. Each contest has been decided by one goal.
- The Timberwolves will host Michigan Tech for a game on Sunday, October 9th. Kickoff is set for noon.