SCORE: Michigan Tech Huskies 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0
RECORDS: Northwood (9-4, 2-2 GLIAC), Michigan Tech (7-2-1, 3-1-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood fails to generate any consistent attack in 3-0 loss to Michigan Tech
INSIDE THE GAME
- After few opportunities for both teams in the opening minutes, halfway through the first Michigan Tech opened the scoring in the 24th minute. Northwood's Allison Carroll was called for a penalty making an illegal slide tackle in her own goalie's box. Michigan Tech's Jacqueline Mielke was awarded a penalty kick and scored to put the Huskies up 1-0.
- Just over a minute later, the Huskies would strike once again to make it 2-0.
- Michigan Tech rode the 2-0 lead into halftime but picked up the scoring almost immediately in the second half when the Huskies scored 56 seconds in, opening a 3-0 advantage.
- Northwood's best chances to cut into the lead came in the 65th minute. Midfielder Savannah King had a rebound come out to her on the right side of the net, but her ensuing shot was deflected up high just wide of the left post. Junior Sara Lamphere had an opportunity seconds later spinning right in front of the Huskies keeper, but failed to put it in past the leg of a defender in the way as the ball deflected off of her and out of the box.
- The score remained 3-0 as the game concluded and Michigan Tech earned the victory.
- SHOTS: Michigan Tech 10, Northwood 7
- SAVES: Northwood 4, Michigan Tech 2
- CORNER KICKS: Northwood 5, Michigan Tech 5
- FOULS: Northwood 12, Michigan Tech 7
- Northwood has dropped the last five of six meetings with the Huskies dating back to 2011.
- Earley suited up for her third collegiate contest in goal playing 45 minutes making one save.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Tiffin on October 14th for a game against the Dragons. Game time is set for 3 p.m.