SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 0, Ferris State Bulldogs 0
RECORDS: Northwood (8-6-1, 5-4-1 GLIAC), Ferris State (6-6-4, 4-2-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood and Ferris State play to scoreless tie on senior day.
INSIDE THE GAME
- A scoreless first half did not come without its chances for both sides. FSU had their best chance in the 30th minute, but NU keeper Samantha Cook moved swiftly to her right to make a great save reaching up t
- At the very end of the half, freshman Karina Parker nearly put the Timberwolves ahead with the best chance for either team. After Savannah King sent a pass from the right side to Parker, she turned her body to the middle and got a solid shot off that the Ferris goaltender had to dive to her right to keep it out of the net.
- In the second half, chances again were quite slim for both sides. Forward Jessica Flores let two shots go from the middle of the box that had to be turned aside after she turned on the afterburners to break away.
- The Timberwolves had the best chance of the overtime in the 103rd minute. With the Ferris goaltender out of position, Carly Whitson and Flores each had touches on the ball inside the box but overran it each time. Flores eventually got a foot on it but her shot was scooped up before it could roll over the line.
- SHOTS: Ferris State 17. Northwood 15
- SAVES: Northwood 8, Ferris State 5
- CORNER KICKS: Ferris State 3, Northwood 3
- FOULS: Northwood 8, Ferris State 5
- The Timberwolves will finish the regular season at Saginaw Valley Sunday (October 28). Game time is set for 1 p.m.