SCORE: Michigan Tech Huskies 1, Northwood Timberwolves 1
RECORDS: Michigan Tech (4-5-1, 1-2-1 GLIAC), Northwood (3-6-1, 1-2-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Timberwolves withstand Huskies attack, grind out tie against Michigan Tech Sunday (October 1).
INSIDE THE GAME
- Outshot 6-0 in the first 20 minutes of the first half, Northwood was looking for any type of offense. Their leading scorer answered the bell in the 24th minute. After a pass from Sadey Jumapao into the box from the right sideline near midfield, Ashton Brooks was able to get a jump on the Michigan Tech goaltender. Catching her out of position on the left side of the box, Brooks slid the ball past the keeper to get the Timberwolves on the board first on their first shot.
- Continuing to outshoot Northwood by a wide margin in the second half, the Huskies finally broke through in the 68th minute. On a corner kick from the right side, Michigan Tech was able to redirect the curving strike into the box past goaltender Kylie Steingreaber to tie the game at 1-1 on their 16th shot.
- With just over ten minutes left in regulation, Northwood defenseman Olivia Kaye cleared the ball out of danger in the box on a loose ball rebound, preserving the tie.
- SHOTS: Michigan Tech 27, Northwood 7
- SAVES: Northwood 9, Michigan Tech 3
- CORNER KICKS: Northwood 3, Michigan Tech 2
- FOULS: Northwood 12, Michigan Tech 8
- Michigan Tech had won six of the previous seven matchups dating back to 2011.
- Ashton Brooks has six of Northwood's nine goals and 30 of their 69 shots this season.
- This was the Timberwolves' first overtime game this season. They played in four last season, with three going to double overtime.
- The Timberwolves will host Purdue Northwest for a game against the Pride Friday (October 6). Game time is set for 2:00 p.m.