SCORE: Northwood 8, Walsh 1
RECORDS: Northwood (7-0, 7-0 GLIAC), Walsh (2-6, 1-6 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Gerstacker Courts – Northwood University - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood remains unbeaten on the season with an 8-1 win over Walsh Saturday (October 8).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood played some of their best doubles of the season to open the match, winning all three matches in convincing fashion. The Timberwolves allowed Walsh to win just four games in the three matches.
- All six singles matches were straight-set contests, with Northwood winning the at the No. 2-6 positions
- The Timberwolves are now a combined 33-9 in singles and 19-2 in doubles so far this season.
- The Timberwolves will host Ashland Sunday (October 9). First serve will take place at Noon.
1. Sofya Logunova (WALSH) def. Carol Arnez-Mercado (NU) 6-4, 7-5
2. Veronika Radlinger (NU) def. Mercedes Fernandez (WALSH) 6-2, 6-2
3. Olesia Riabchuk (NU) def. Daria Bondareva (WALSH) 6-4, 6-2
4. Tetyana Pavych (NU) def. Victoria Ambrosio (WALSH) 6-0, 6-0
5. Anna Aniskina (NU) def. Gabriela Laguna-Leon (WALSH) 6-0, 6-1
6. Yuliia Russu (NU) def. Natalie Molnar (WALSH) 6-0, 6-1