SCORE: Northwood 7, Wayne State 2
RECORDS: Northwood (9-0, 9-0 GLIAC), Wayne State (5-4, 5-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: WSU Tennis Courts - Detroit, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood unbeaten on the year with a 7-2 road win over Wayne State Wednesday afternoon (October 12).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood won the first two matches of the day, winning at the No. 2 and No. 3 doubles positions before Wayne State got on the board with a victory at the No. 1 position to send the match to singles with NU leading 2-1.
- Despite NU's normal No. 1 singles player (Carol Arnez-Mercado) not competing in singles, Northwood won five straight-set matches in singles to earn the overall victory.
- With two regular season GLIAC matches to go, Northwood remains on top of the conference at 9-0. Tiffin (7-1) is in second place. NU defeated Tiffin 6-3 earlier this season.
- In dual matches, the Timberwolves are now a combined 44-10 in singles (.815) and 24-3 in doubles (.889) so far this season.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Hillsdale Saturday afternoon (October 15). First serve is set for Noon.