SCORE: Northwood 8, Hillsdale 1
RECORDS: Northwood (10-0, 10-0 GLIAC), Hillsdale (5-4, 5-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Mary Jane Delp Courts - Hillsdale, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood clinches share of GLIAC Championship after an 8-1 road win over Hillsdale
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood came out strong in doubles, winning all of the matches to take a 3-0 lead. NU dropped a total of five games in the three matches.
- The Timberwolves went on to post five wins in singles, all of which came in straight-sets to move to 10-0 on the year.
- With one regular season GLIAC matches to go, Northwood remains on top of the conference at 10-0. If NU were to beat Saginaw Valley State to finish the year, they would claim the out-right conference championship. Tiffin (7-1) can earn a share of the title if they win out and Northwood were to lose to SVSU.
- In dual matches, the Timberwolves are now a combined 49-11 in singles (.817) and 27-3 in doubles (.900) so far this season.
- The Timberwolves will travel to SVSU next Sunday (October 23) to finish the fall portion of the regular season. First serve is set for 11 a.m.