SCORE: Northwood 8, Saginaw Valley 1
RECORDS: Northwood (11-0, 11-0 GLIAC), Saginaw Valley (7-4, 7-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: WSU Tennis Courts - Detroit, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood clinches their second straight Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) championship with an 8-1 win over Saginaw Valley State Sunday (October 23)
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood came out strong in doubles, winning all three matches. NU took the No. 1 and No. 2 matches by the score of 8-2 and took the No. 3 match 8-6.
- Northwood then went on win five of the six singles matches to close out the win.
- Northwood has now won 11 of the last 14 GLIAC Championships overall.
- The Timberwolves finished GLIAC play with a 54-12 record in singles (.818) and 30-3 in mark doubles (.900).
- The Timberwolves will compete at the GLIAC Tournament October 29-30 at the Greater Midland Tennis Center.
1. Carol Arnez-Mercado (NU) def. Izabella Ismailova (SV) 7-6, 3-6, 10-6
2. Ana Pico Garcia (SV) def. Veronika Radlinger (NU) 6-1, 3-6, 10-7
3. Tetyana Pavych (NU) def. Shea Donahue (SV) 6-2, 6-2
4. Anna Aniskina (NU) def. Danielle Slonac (SV) 6-3, 6-3
5. Anastasiia Kazub (NU) def. Taylor McLaughlin (SV) 7-6, 6-7, 10-8
6. Yuliia Russu (NU) def. Madeline Miller (SV) 6-0, 6-2