OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: Michigan Tech 3, Northwood 0, (25-13, 25-23, 25-23)
RECORDS: Northwood (12-8, 3-6 GLIAC), Michigan Tech (14-8, 5-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: SDC Gymnasium – Houghton, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood falls at Michigan Tech 3-0 Friday night (November 4).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The Huskies got off to a fast start in the opening set, scoring seven of the first eight and 12 of the first 16 points. The Timberwolves got no closer than five the rest of the way as MTU cruised to a 25-13 win. Michigan Tech hit .367 (14-3-30) while Northwood ended up at .079 (13-9-37).
- The second set saw big runs for both teams. Northwood led 16-13 when Michigan Tech rattled off eight straight points to go up 21-16. But the Timberwolves would not go quietly, as NU registered seven of the next 10 points to cut the MTU lead down to 24-23. The Huskies earned the final point, however, to take the set 25-23 and earn a 2-0 lead.
- Northwood got off to a good start in the third set, opening up a 16-10 lead. Michigan Tech went on another run, however, eight of the next 10 points to cut the NU lead down to 18-17. The score was tied 23-23 when the Huskies scored the final two points to close the match out. Neither team hit well in the set – NU ended up at .108 (13-9-37) while MTU finished at .032 (7-6-31).
- HITTING: Michigan Tech .190 (35-15-105), Northwood .114 (33-20-114)
- DIGS: Michigan Tech 55, Northwood 46 (Brenna Murphy – 12)
- BLOCKS: Michigan Tech 5, Northwood 3 (Colleen Mayer/Allison Getty – 2)
- ACES: Michigan Tech 7, Northwood 2 (Allison Getty – 2)
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Sydney Greulich: Nine kills, .389 attack percentage (9-2-18)
- Allison Getty/Meredith Collins: Seven kills each
- Hailey Jones: 29 assists, nine digs
- Brenna Murphy: 12 digs
• Northwood travels to Northern Michigan Saturday (November 5). First serve is set for 4 p.m.