OVERVIEW – GRAND VALLEY STATE
SCORE: Grand Valley State 3, Northwood 0, (25-17, 25-21, 25-19)
RECORDS: Northwood (13-14, 4-12 GLIAC), Grand Valley State (15-12, 9-7 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Fieldhouse Arena – Allendale, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood falls 3-0 at Grand Valley State Friday night (November 11).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The Lakers set the tone for the match early, scoring 14 of the first 19 points. The Timberwolves would cut the lead to as little as five but the Lakers earned the opening set 25-17.
- Northwood put themselves in position to level the match in the second set. Five lead changes and ten ties later brought the set to an 18-18 standstill. Grand Valley eventually pulled away with seven of the last ten points to win 25-21 and go up 2-0.
- The third set was arguably closer than the second. Opening with three lead changes and seven ties, Northwood battled back from multiple three-point deficits to tie the game at 13 and eventually grab a 14-13 lead. However, that would be their last lead of the game. Seven of the next eight points gave the Lakers a 21-15 lead and they eventually pulled away with a 25-19 win to sweep the contest.
- HITTING: Grand Valley .215 (41-15-121), Northwood .032 (29-25-124)
- DIGS: Grand Vallley 66, Northwood 63 (Allison Getty – 18)
- BLOCKS: Grand Valley 2, Northwood 1 (Hannah Siegel – 1)
- ACES: Grand Valley 4, Northwood 4 (Getty – 2)
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Allison Getty: 6 kills, 18 digs, 2 aces
- Sydney Greulich: 8 kills, 3 digs
- Brenna Murphy: 14 digs
- Hailey Jones: 9 kills, 27 assists
• Northwood will close out its regular season schedule in their final game of the season against the Ferris State Bulldogs Saturday (November 12). Game time is set for 5 p.m.