OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE
SCORE: Ferris State Bulldogs 3, Northwood 0, (25-15, 25-13, 25-12)
RECORDS: Northwood (13-15, 4-13 GLIAC), Ferris State (25-5, 16-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Ewigleben Arena – Big Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood ends season with 3-0 loss at Ferris State Saturday afternoon (November 12).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood opened the match strong, staying close with the GLIAC Championship winners. NU led 14-13 when Ferris State took control. The Bulldogs scroed 12 of the next 13 points to capture the first set.
- The second set started with Ferris State notching five of the first six points to take an early lead. Northwood would strike back with eight of the next 13 points to cut the lead to just one at 10-9. Like the first set, however, Ferris State pulled away. FSU put up 15 of the next 19 points to cruise to a 2-0 lead.
- The two teams, again, would split the score early on each getting five of the first 10 points in the third set. The Bulldogs would stick with the theme of the match, scoring 20 of the next 27 points to complete the sweep.
- HITTING: Ferris State .275 (34-12-80), Northwood -.022 (20-22-89)
- DIGS: Ferris State 41, Northwood 30 (Allison Getty – 12)
- BLOCKS: Ferris State 2, Northwood 1 (Sydney Greulich, 1)
- ACES: Ferris State 6, Northwood 1 (Getty, 1)
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Earlier this season, the Timberwolves handed the Bulldogs their only GLIAC loss beating Ferris State 3-1 (September 16).