OVERVIEW – #7 FERRIS STATE
SCORES: No. 7 Ferris State Bulldogs 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0 (25-17, 25-20, 25-17)
RECORDS: Northwood (6-5, 0-3 GLIAC), Ferris State (9-2, 3-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Ewigeben Sports Arena – Big Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood dropped a 3-0 match at seventh-ranked Ferris State Tuesday night (September 19).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- An 8-1 Ferris State run in the opening set broke open things early, giving FSU a 13-5 lead. Northwood got no closer than five points the rest of the way as the Bulldogs went on to win 25-17. FSU's defense was key to the win, as Northwood hit -.027 in the set (7-8-37) compared to Ferris State at .190 (14-6-42).
- The second set was more competitive than the first – the Timberwolves were tied with the Bulldogs 9-9. Ferris State hit .214 in the set (10-4-28) – Northwood finished at .103 (12-9-29). FSU led 21-18 late before the Bulldogs claimed four of the final six points to win 25-20 and go up 2-0. Northwood's offense struggled in the set, hitting -.068 (7-10-44). Ferris State finished at .111 (11-6-45).
- Both teams had runs early in the third set. The Bulldogs scored five of the first six points to open play, but Northwood responded by with four of the next five points to cut the FSU lead to 6-5. Ferris State bounced right back, however, registering 11 of the next 13 points to go up 17-7. Northwood had a late 6-0 run, but the Bulldogs went on to take the set 25-17 and the match 3-0. FSU hit .300 (12-3-30) in the final set while NU ended up at -.083 (7-10-36).
- HITTING: Northwood: -.060 (21-28-117), Ferris State: .188 (37-15-117)
- DIGS: Northwood 58 (Allison Getty/Nadia Atton – 13), Ferris State 60
- BLOCKS: Northwood 0, Ferris State 10.0
- ACES: Northwood 2 (Mackenzie Kepler/Sommer VandenBerge – 1), Ferris State 4
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Getty: Seven kills, 13 digs
- Kepler: Six kills, ace, 11 digs
- Hailey Jones: 17 assists, eight digs
- Northwood will host its open opener Friday night (September 22) against Northern Michigan. First serve is set for 7 p.m.