The Northwood University Athletic Department is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. This commitment is woven into our values and beliefs that our department is strongest when we embrace the full spectrum of humanity, regardless of what we look like, where we come from or who we love. Our inclusive culture inspires us to try new things, speak openly and be bold; bringing us together in ways that help us stand out.
Diversity Action Plan: Goals
- Create and sustain a welcoming, supportive and inclusive athletic department and greater campus community.
- Attract and retain greater numbers of individuals from under-represented populations into coaches and support staff.
- Attract, retain, and graduate increasing numbers of students from historically underrepresented populations and international students.
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with diverse communities in the Great Lakes Bay region.
- Help to provide opportunities that include significant intercultural perspectives.
Sara Barker, Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach
Kate Dornbos, Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine
Darvin Ham, Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Leonard Haynes, Head Football Coach
Katherine Waligorski, Athletic Liaison for Admissions