OVERVIEW – TIFFIN
SCORES: Northwood Timberwolves 12, Tiffin Dragons 6
RECORDS: Northwood 6-1, Tiffin 2-1
LOCATION: Wilson, N.C. – Fleming Field
RECAP: Northwood baseball finished North Carolina trip with 12-6 win against Tiffin Saturday afternoon (March 6).
- Tiffin started fast in the game, scoring a pair in the top of the first for the early 2-0 lead.
- Northwood cut into the lead in the second on a Connor Kin sacrifice fly.
- NU took the lead in the third with three runs, starting with an RBI single by Khale Showers.
- Kin followed with a two-run double to give the Timberwolves a 4-2 lead.
- The Northwood bats kept the momentum going into the fourth with three more runs. After Rhett Evans scored on a wild pitch, Kin kept his big day going with another two-run double to make the score 7-2.
- Cole Brooks extended the Northwood advantage to 9-2 with a two-run single in the fifth.
- The Dragons plated a pair in the top of the seventh, only to see Carson Longstreth restore the lead to seven with a two-run homer to make the score 11-4 heading to the eighth.
- Kin wrapped up his monster game with his sixth RBI of the day on a run-scoring single in the eighth inning.
- Tiffin got a pair back in the ninth before Jake Carroll struck out the final two batters to close out the win
- Runs/Hits/Errors Northwood: 12/12/1, Tiffin: 8/10/2
- Runners Left on Base: Northwood: 8, Tiffin: 12
- Winning Pitcher: Derek Clark (2-0): 5 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 7 BB, 8 Ks
- Losing Pitcher: Alan Meadows (0-1): 2 1/3 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 3 Ks
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Kin: 3-4, 2B, 6 RBIs
- Longstreth: 2-4, HR, 3 R, 2 RBIs
- Brooks: 3-4, 2 R, 2 RBIs
- Northwood will travel to Kentucky Wesleyan for a three-game set, starting with a doubleheader Saturday (March 13). First pitch is set for 1 p.m.