OVERVIEW – ASHLAND
SCORES: Ashland Eagles 5, Northwood Timberwolves 3
RECORDS: Northwood (15-5, 6-3 GLIAC), Ashland (10-10, 5-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Donges Field – Ashland, Ohio
RECAP: Baseball drops a 5-3 contest at Ashland Friday afternoon (April 16).
- Northwood got on the board right away, as Jacob Rybicki led the contest off with a solo home run.
- Pitching then took over for the next few innings, as the score remained 0-0 until the fifth inning. Ashland was held without a hit for the opening five innings, but came alive with four runs on six hits in the frame to go up 4-1.
- The Timberwolves got one back in the sixth on a Mike Magno RBI single.
- Cole Brooks got the Timberwolves within one in the eighth on a solo home run to right to make the score 4-3.
- Ashland picked up an insurance run in the bottom of the eighth, sending the game to the ninth with the score 5-3.
- NU went 1-2-3 in the top of the ninth to give the win to the Eagles
GAME ONE STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Northwood 3/5/0, Ashland 5/9/0
- Runners left on base: Northwood 7, Ashland 7
- Winning Pitcher – Joel Ciccarelli (2-0): 6 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 2 Ks
- Losing Pitcher – Derek Clark (4-1): 7 1/3 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 2 BB, 2 Ks
- Save – Perry Bewley (6): 1 1/3 IP, 4 Ks
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Brooks: 2-3, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Rybicki: HR, R, RBI
- Magno: RBI
- Northwood and Ashland will continue their weekend series with a doubleheader Saturday (April 17). First pitch is set for 1 p.m.