OVERVIEW – UW-Parkside
SCORE: Wisconsin-Parkside Rangers 2, Northwood Timberwolves 1 (OT)
RECORDS: Northwood (4-3, 2-1 GLIAC), UW-Parkside (5-2, 3-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Wood Road Field – Kenosha, Wis.
RECAP: An overtime goal was just enough to lift the host Rangers over the ten-man Timberwolves 2-1.
- Throughout the opening 20 minutes, Northwood had the majority of chances as the Timberwolves managed four shots in the opening run of play.
- It would be the hosts who would break through first, however, as Parkside's Vic Vera found the back of the net in the 28th minute.
- The Timberwolves had a few chances to net the equalizer late in the first half on a pair of shots by Lucas Neves and Teddy Stavey but were unable to beat Juan Gonzalez.
- Both teams traded chances in the early part of the second half, but in the 76th minute the Timberwolves were reduced to ten men after a red card was given to goalkeeper Corbin Cecchini.
- Shortly after going down a man the Timberwolves finally broke through to level the score 1-1 as Stacey found the back of the net off of a Neves corner kick in the 78th minute.
- Austin Hobbs managed a pair of shots for the Timberwolves in the final 12 minutes but was unable to find the back of the net and the match went into overtime.
- On the first chance of the extra period, however, the Rangers' Leki Prpa would find the back of the net to win the game 2-1 after a Northwood turnover in the defensive third.
- SHOTS: Northwood 14, UW-Parkside 10
- SAVES: UW-Parkside 7, Northwood 2
- CORNER KICKS: Northwood 8, UW-Parkside 4
- FOULS: Northwood 14, UW-Parkside 10
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Stacey: Four shots, One goal
- Neves: Three shots, One assist
- This was the first matchup between the two schools since UW-Parkside joined the GLIAC this season.
- The Timberwolves will travel to rival Saginaw Valley (2-1-2, 0-1 GLIAC) next Friday for a 2:30 p.m. kickoff.