OVERVIEW – GLADSTIEN INVITATIONAL/SVSU JET'S PIZZA INVITATIONAL
LOCATION: Bloomington, Ind. (Indiana University)/University Center, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood track & field teams competed at a pair of events Friday-Saturday (January 24-25), taking part in the Gladstien Invitational and the SVSU Jet's Pizza Invitational.
GLADSTIEN INVITATIONAL – MEN
- Christopher Bent was the top Northwood men's performer at Indiana, coming through with a pair of wins. He took first in the 60 with an NCAA Provisional time of 6.82, which is good for fourth on the NU all-performers list.
- He also took first in the regular 200 meter competition with a time of 22.10.
- Mason Phillips also had a pair of top individual performances, winning the fast 200 meter event with a time of 21.93.
- Phillips also clocked a NCAA Provisional time in the 60, clocking a 6.87 in the preliminaries and a 6.89 in the finals to place third overall.
- Bent and Phillips also teamed up with Andrew Davis and JaiVen Holmes-Powell to place fourth in the 4X400 relay (3:22.52).
- Austin Hamlet was fourth in the triple jump at the event with a mark of 13.29 meters.
- Hunter Berecz finished fifth in both the shot (15.98 meters) and the weight (15.47 meters).
GLADSTIEN INVITATIONAL – WOMEN
- Debra Wallace competed in a pair of the fast events at the meet, earning a fourth place finish in the 200 (25.04) and a seventh place showing in the 400 (59.88).
- In the throws, Jessica Kursinsky led the way with a fourth place finish in the shot put (13.64 meters)
- Jessica Marvin earned a ninth place showing in the weight (16.40 meters).
JET'S PIZZA INVITATIONAL – MEN
- Josiah Morse continued his strong indoor season, clocking an NCAA Provisional mark while winning the 800 (1:52.65).
- Zane Aldrich moved to second on the all-time list in the 3,000, clocking an 8:31.95 to finish fifth out of 79
- Eric Poth moved to 10th in school history in the 3,000 with a time of (8:45.34), good for a 12th place finish.
JET'S PIZZA INVITATIONAL – WOMEN
- Taky Ezell turned the best performance of her career in the weight throw. Her toss of 16.50 meters was good for fifth place overall and places fourth on the Northwood All-Time Performers list.
- Lainey Veenkant clocked a personal-best 10:28.38 in the 3,000, which was good for eighth out of 40 runners. That time places her sixth on the all-time performers list.
- Madi Brooks also put herself into the top-10 on the 3,000 performance list at Northwood as well with a time of 10:38.30. That is good for eighth on the performers list.
- The track and field teams will compete at the Mike Lintz Alumni Open Saturday (February 1).