OVERVIEW – ROCHESTER
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 18, Rochester Warriors 5
RECORDS: Northwood 16-7/Rochester 4-21
LOCATION: Gerace Stadium – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Baseball opens the home portion of their schedule with an 18-5 win over Rochester Wednesday afternoon (March 27).
- After a scoreless opening inning, Northwood got rolling in the second. Clark Chase drew a bases-loaded walk to get NU on the board.
- Cole Brooks added an RBI groundout to make it 2-0 after two innings.
- In the third, Connor Kin extended the lead to 3-0 on an RBI single, which was followed by an RBI groundout by Michael Karam.
- Travis Janes pushed the lead to 5-0 with an RBI double to finish the third.
- Northwood broke the game open with a nine-run fourth inning. David Vinsky started the inning with an RBI double.
- After a Miles Hardy sacrifice fly, Karam followed with an RBI single that pushed the lead to 8-0.
- Janes and Brooks then each had two-run hits that got the advantage to 12-0.
- Vinsky then had his second-run scoring hit of the fourth. Then a Rochester error gave Northwood a 14-0 edge.
- After the Timberwolves scored on a wild pitch in the fifth, the Timberwolves finished their scoring in the eighth on a Drew Cantrell three-run home run. It's the first Northwood homer for Cantrell.
- With the score 18-0, Rochester pushed across five runs in the ninth inning.
- Runs/Hits/Errors Northwood: 18/20/0, Rochester: 5/7/5
- Runners Left on Base: Northwood: 11, Rochester: 8
- Winning Pitcher: Noah Fiehn (1-1): 3 IP, H, 0 BB, 3 K
- Losing Pitcher: Brandon Evans (0-1): 3 1/3 IP, 11 H, 12 R (10 ER), 4 BB
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Vinsky: 3-4, 2B, 3 R, 2 RBI
- Brooks: 2B, 3 RBI
- Kin: 3-5, 3 R, RBI
- Cantrell: 1-1, HR, 3 RBI
- Janes: 2-4, R, 3 RBI
- Northwood will host Wayne State for a weekend series starting Friday (March 30).