OVERVIEW – LINDENWOOD
SCORES: Lindenwood Lions 4, Northwood Timberwolves 2
RECORDS: Northwood 1-4, Lindenwood 7-1
LOCATION: Lou Brock Complex – St. Charles, Mo.
RECAP: Northwood baseball drops 4-2 contest at Lindenwood Saturday afternoon (February 22).
- The Lions scored one in the first and two in the third to go up 3-0 after three innings.
- The Timberwolves got on the board in the fifth on a Noah Ingram RBI single that scored Khale Showers.
- Lindenwood responded to Northwood getting on the board with a run of their own in the bottom of the fifth to make the score 4-1.
- Northwood got within two in the eighth inning after a successful double steal that plated Trevor Polewka.
- The Timberwolves had three chances in the game with runners in scoring position with less than two outs where they did not score, giving the win to the Lions
- Runs/Hits/Errors Northwood: 2/9/2, Lindenwood: 4/9/3
- Runners Left on Base: Northwood: 8, Lindenwood: 7
- Winning Pitcher – Jacob Thompson (2-0): 8 IP, 9 H, 2 R (1 ER), 0 BB, 6 K
- Losing Pitcher – Logan Lee (0-1): 6 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 2 BB, 3 K
- Save – Eric Hipp (1): IP, 0 H, 0 BB
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ingram: 2-4, RBI
- Cole Brooks: 2-4, SB
- Polewka: 2B, R, SB
- Showers: R
- Northwood and Lindenwood will finish their weekend series with a game Sunday (February 23). Game time is set for 2 p.m.