OVERVIEW – URBANA
SCORES: Northwood Timberwolves 8, Florida Southern Mocs 6
RECORDS: Northwood 4-6/Florida Southern 11-8
LOCATION: Henley Field – Lakeland, Fla.
RECAP: Baseball opens spring break trip with comeback 8-6 win over Florida Southern Friday afternoon (March 6).
- Florida Southern got off to a fast start in the game, capping a three-run first inning with a two-run homer to go up 3-0 after one.
- Northwood leveled the score with one swing in the bottom of the third thanks to Cole Brooks. His three-run homer to left made the score 3-3.
- The Mocs got single runs in the third and the fourth inning to go up 5-3.
- NU's key inning of the contest in the seventh, when the Timberwolves plated five two-out runs. Brooks brought home a pair with a double to tie the score 5-5.
- After an error scored Brooks and gave Northwood a 6-5 lead, Khale Showers hit a two-run homer to left center that give NU an 8-5 lead.
- Florida Southern cut the lead to 8-6 and had two runners with no one out in the eighth inning, but Northwood closer Peter Joseph held the Mocs off the board the remainder of the game to earn the save.
- Runs/Hits/Errors Northwood: 8/4/1, Florida Southern: 6/9/1
- Runners Left on Base: Northwood: 4, Florida Southern: 7
- Winning Pitcher – Jacob Carroll (1-0): 1/3 IP, BB
- Losing Pitcher – Ryan Langford (0-2): 3 IP, 2 H, 3 R (1 ER), BB, 4 K
- Save – Joseph (2): 2 IP, H
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Brooks: 2-5, 2B, HR, 2 R, 5 RBIs
- Showers: 2-3, R, 2 RBIs
- Alan LaBov: 6 2/3 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 2 BB, 3 K
- Northwood and Florida Southern will continue their series Saturday morning (March 6). First pitch is set for 11 a.m.