OVERVIEW – ASHLAND
SCORES: Ashland Eagles 7, Northwood Timberwolves 6 (Eight Innings) / Ashland 13, Northwood 0
RECORDS: Northwood (15-7, 6-5 GLIAC), Ashland (12-10, 7-4 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Donges Field – Ashland, Ohio
RECAP: Baseball loses a pair at Ashland Saturday afternoon (April 17), dropping a dramatic 7-6 extra-innings contest in game one before falling 13-0 in game two.
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- Ashland plated an unearned run in the opening inning to take a 1-0 lead.
- Northwood responded in the top of the second inning, starting with a Ryan Chargo RBI single.
- Logan Briggs followed with a two-run single to make the score 3-1.
- The Eagles cut the lead to 3-2 in the bottom of the second.
- Northwood made it a 4-2 lead in the top of the fourth on a Chargo RBI double.
- Ashland responded once again in the fifth, scoring a pair to level the score at 4-4.
- The Timberwolves went back on top in the fifth on a sacrifice fly from Rhett Evans.
- AU came back again in the fifth, scoring two runs to take the lead back at 6-5.
- In the seventh inning, Northwood was down to their final strike when Matt Magno came up big. His opposite field home run leveled the score at 6-6.
- Ashland got the final big hit of the game in the bottom of the eighth, winning the game on a two-out double.
GAME ONE STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Northwood 6/11/4, Ashland 7/10/1
- Runners left on base: Northwood 7, Ashland 5
- Winning Pitcher – Perry Bewley (2-1): 2 2/3 IP, 2 H, 4, BB, 3 Ks
- Losing Pitcher – Jake Jekielek (1-1): 2 2/3 IP, 3 H, R (0 ER), 2 Ks
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Magno: 3-4, HR, RBI, 3 R
- Chargo: 2-4, 2B, R, 2 RBIs
- Briggs: 2-3, 2 RBIs
- Jeffers/Brooks: 2-4
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS
- Ashland scored runs in the first and second innings to go up 2-0 early.
- The Eagles expanded their advantage in the fourth with three runs.
- AU put the game away in the sixth thanks to help from the Timberwolves. The Eagles scored eight runs on just two hits in the inning. The Timberwolves had five walks, two hit batters, a wild pitch and an error in the inning.
- Northwood was unable to get their offense going for much of the game, managing just four singles.
GAME TWO STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Northwood 0/4/1, Ashland 13/7/1
- Runners left on base: Northwood 8, Ashland 5
- Winning Pitcher – Josh Stover (2-4): 7 IP, 4 H, 4 BB, 3 K
- Losing Pitcher – Drew Schultz (2-1): 3 1/3 IP, 5 H, 5 R, BB, 6 K
- Northwood and Ashland will finish their weekend series with a single game Sunday (April 18). Game time is set for 1 p.m.