OVERVIEW – WAYNE STATE
SCORE: Wayne State Warriors 55, Northwood Timberwolves 21
RECORDS: Northwood 2-6, 2-4 GLIAC, Wayne State Warriors 2-6, 1-4 GLIAC
LOCATION: Adams Field – Detroit, Mich.
RECAP: Wayne State rides big opening half to a 55-21 win over Northwood Saturday night (October 20).
INSIDE THE GAME
- The Warriors set the tone for the night on the first possession of the game. WSU went 75 yards in six plays for a touchdown to go up 7-0.
- Wayne State kept rolling throughout the first half, scoring touchdowns on all five possessions while holding Northwood off the board for a 34-0 advantage. WSU gained 360 yards of offense while holding NU to 64 yards in the opening half.
- After the Warriors made it 41-0 early the third quarter, Northwood got on the board. NU went 74 yards in 12 plays, capped by a Christian Martinez two-yard run.
- Northwood responded to another WSU touchdown with its second straight touchdown drive. Alex Spicuzzi caught a 25-yard touchdown pass from Martinez to finish off a 72 yard drive to make the score 48-14.
- The two teams kept alternating touchdowns the next two possessions. WSU made it 55-14 before Northwood went 75 yards in six plays. Brock Franklin ended the drive with a one-yard run. Franklin had 67 yards rushing on the drive that made the score 55-21.
- That was proved to be the final score of the game.
- FIRST DOWNS: Wayne State 22, Northwood 17
- RUSHES-YARDS: Wayne State 55-399, Northwood 49-177
- PASSING YARDS: Wayne State 101, Northwood 57
- TOTAL OFFENSE, PLAYS-YARDS: Wayne State 60-500, Northwood 59-234
- TIME OF POSSESSION: Wayne State 29:31, Northwood 30:29
- Franklin: 67 yards rushing, touchdown
- Martinez: 50 yards passing, TD, 41 yards rushing TD
- Spicuzzi: 32 yards receiving, TD
- The Timberwolves has a bye this upcoming week. They will return to action November 3 with a home game against Saginaw Valley. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m.