SCORE: Davenport Panthers 21, Northwood Timberwolves 14
RECORDS: Northwood (1-9, 1-6 GLIAC), Davenport (4-5, 2-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Famers Insurance Complex – Caledonia, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood drops 21-14 contest at Davenport Saturday afternoon (November 9).
INSIDE THE GAME
- Davenport was the better team the majority of the first half, scoring touchdowns with 4:42 remaining the first quarter and at 10:27 of the second quarter to go up 14-0.
- After gaining just seven yards on their first two possessions of the game, Northwood got rolling on their third drive. Taking over at their own 13, the Timberwolves went 87 yards on 13 plays over a span of 7:17. The drive, which included a pair of long third down conversions, was capped by a Cashual Goldsmith one-yard touchdown run to make the score 14-7.
- NU had a chance to add to the lead late in the first half, but missed a field goal to send the game to the break with the score 14-7. The Timberwolves gained 113 yards in their final two possessions of the half. Davenport.
- After a scoreless third quarter, Davenport extended their lead with a touchdown early in the fourth to make the score 21-7.
- Later in the fourth quarter, the Timberwolves made it a one-score game once again on a five play, 55 yard drive. Quarterback Nate Gomez found Alex Spicuzzi on a 33-yard touchdown to make the score 21-14 with 3:07 remaining in the game.
- Northwood got the ball back with 32 seconds remaining and got into Davenport territory but were unable to score the tying touchdown.
- FIRST DOWNS: Northwood 14, Davenport 20
- RUSHES-YARDS: Northwood 32-84, Davenport 48-168
- PASSING YARDS (COMPLETIONS/PASSES/TDs/INTs): Northwood 147 (10-21-1-1), Davenport 131 (14-26-3-0)
- TOTAL OFFENSE, PLAYS-YARDS: Northwood 53-231, Davenport 74-299
- TIME OF POSSESSION: Northwood 22:56, Davenport 37:04
- Gomez: 147 passing yards, TD, 41 rushing yards
- Spicuzzi: Four receptions, 71 yards, TD
- Goldsmith: 34 rushing yards, TD
- Dimitri Abro: 15 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, two pass breakups
- Erik Santiago: 13 tackles
- Noah Brown: 11 tackles
- Dantae Banton: 10 tackles, two tackles for loss, sack
- The Timberwolves will finish their season with a game at Michigan Tech Saturday (November 16). Kickoff is set for 1 p.m.