OVERVIEW – CEDARVILLE
SCORE: Cedarville Yellow Jackets 61, Northwood Timberwolves 57
RECORDS: Northwood (2-2), Cedarville (2-3)
LOCATION: Callan Athletic Center – Cedarville, Ohio
RECAP: Cedarville earns a hard-fought 61-57 win over Northwood Monday night (November 20).
- The opening half was tight throughout – the biggest lead of the opening 20 minutes was six points, which both teams reached.
- The Timberwolves led 25-19 with less than four minutes remaining in the first half before the Yellow Jackets came back to tie the game at 27-27.
- A Nate Georgeton layup on NU"s final possession gave the Timberwolves a 29-27 edge at halftime.
- The stats were even in the opening half – Northwood shot 38.4 percent (10-26) compared to Cedarville at 37.9 percent (11-29).
- Northwood earned the lead thanks to hitting a trio of 3-pointers (3-9) compared to zero for Cedarville (0-5).
- The Yellow Jackets came out fast in the second half, scoring the first 10 points in less than three minutes to open up a 37-29 lead.
- Cedarville led by as many as nine before the Timberwolves chipped away at the lead.
- NU tied the score at 51-51 with under six minutes remaining.
- With less than a minute remaining, Northwood was within one point at 58-57, with the Timberwolves heading to the foul line for a one-and-one.
- Northwood missed the front end, giving the ball back to Cedarville. The Yellow Jackets then banked in a 3-pointer with 31 seconds remaining to put Cedarville up 61-57.
- That tripled proved to be the final points of the game.
- Northwood went 11-28 from the floor in the second half (39.3), compared to Cedarville at 13-31 (41.9 pecent).
- The teams flipped the story from beyond the arc in the second half: NU went 3-11 (27.3 percent) while Cedarville connected on five of 10 attempts (50.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northwood .389 (21-54), Cedarville .400 (24-60)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE : Northwood .300 (6-20), Cedarville .33 (5-15)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northwood .643 (9-14), Cedarville .571 (8-14)
- REBOUNDS: Northwood 43 (12 offensive), Cedarville 35 (10 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northwood 10/18, Cedarville 8/8
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- David Jelinek: 14 points (11 in the second half), 5-9 from the floor, four rebounds
- Nate Georgeton: 10 points
- The Timberwolves will travel to Western Michigan Saturday (November 20). Game time is set for 2 p.m. The game is an exhibition contest for Northwood but a regular season game for Western Michigan.