OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 75, Michigan Tech Huskies 70
RECORDS: Northwood (4-4, 2-0 GLIAC), Michigan Tech Huskies (4-3, 1-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood finishes 2-0 start to conference play with 75-70 victory over Michigan Tech (December 1).
- Northwood started on time and posted a 16-8 run to begin the game. Michigan Tech countered with an 11-6 run to cut the lead down to 22-19 by the mid-way point.
- The Huskies rode their momentum into a 30-27 lead with just over five minutes to play thanks to an 11-5 run. The Timberwolves provided their counterpunch with 13 of the next 22 to regain a 40-39 heading into halftime.
- NU made 57.1 percent of their attempts from the floor (16-28), including 57.1 percent of their three-point tries (4-7).
- Michigan Tech sunk 64 percent of their overall shots (16-25), making an identical 57.1 percent of their shots count from behind the arc (4-7).
- Northwood continued to ride their momentum, posting a 13-4 run through the first five minutes of the second to extend the lead to 10. The edge extended to 63-49 by the 10-minute mark.
- Michigan Tech chipped away at the lead with nine consecutive points to cut the lead down to five with just over five minutes to play. The Huskies came within four with 1:55 left, but that is as close as MTU would get.
- NU made 48.0 percent of their attempts (12-25) and converted on 25 percent of their shots from behind the arc (1-4).
- MT cooled down and shot 41.9 percent from the field (13-31), making just 12.5 percent of their attempts from three-point range (1-8).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .518 (29-56), Northwood .528 (28-53)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .333 (5-15), Northwood .455 (5-11)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .778 (7-9), Northwood .700 (14-20)
- REBOUNDS: Michigan Tech 28 (6 offensive), Northwood 27 (6 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 15/12, Northwood 15/8
- Northwood snapped Michigan Tech's four-game winning streak in the series.
- The win was the first for Northwood head coach Jeff Rekeweg against Michigan Tech in Midland. The Huskies were 8-0 against the Timberwolves in Riepma Arena prior to today.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- David Jelinek: 24 points (career-high), six rebounds
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 20 points (career-high), seven assists
- Zach Allread: 10 points, five rebounds, three steals
- The Timberwolves will travel to Ferris State Thursday (December 6). Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m.