OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORE: Purdue Northwest Pride 88, Northwood Timberwolves 84
RECORDS: Northwood (6-8, 3-3 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (5-9, 1-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood leads for over 36 minutes, but a late push by Purdue Northwest gives the pride an 88-84 win Saturday afternoon (January 5).
- Northwood started the game strong, leading 19-4 less than six minutes into the game.
- Purdue Northwest cut the lead down to four points on three separate occasions before the Timberwolves took a 47-38 edge to the locker room.
- Northwood's offense was strong in the first half, finishing at 58.1 percent overall (18-31) and 50.0 percent from 3-point range 6-12).
- The Pride ended up at 39.4 percent overall (13-33) but did go 8-14 from 3-point range (57.1 percent).
- Northwood maintained their lead for the majority of the game and were up 80-73 with 4:30 remaining.
- It was all PNW the rest of the way, as the Pride scored 15 of the final 19 points of the game.
- Purdue Northwest took their first lead of the game with 3:25 remaining and maintained it the rest of the way.
- PNW had a big half offensively, shooting 20-37 overall (54.1 percent) while going 4-8 from 3-point range).
- The Timberwolves fell back to 40.0 percent in the second half (12-30).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .471 (33-70), Northwood .492 (30-61)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .545 (12-22), Northwood .438 (7-16)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .909 (10-11), Northwood .850 (17-20)
- REBOUNDS: Purdue Northwest 29 (10 offensive), Northwood 41 (13 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 15/7, Northwood 16/13
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 16, Northwood 4
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Alec Marty: 18 points, six assists
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 16 points, six assists
- Trey McBride: 17 points, six rebounds
- David Jelinek: Eight points, 11 rebounds
- The Timberwolves will host Davenport Thursday night (January 10). Game time is set for 8 p.m.