OVERVIEW – GRAND VALLEY STATE
SCORE: Grand Valley State Lakers 90, Northwood Timberwolves 72
RECORDS: Northwood (6-9, 3-4 GLIAC), Grand Valley State (10-5, 4-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: GVSU Fieldhouse Arena – Allendale, Mich.
RECAP: Grand Valley State earned a 90-72 road win over Northwood Thursday night (January 10).
- The opening half was extremely tight throughout – the largest lead for either team was five points.
- There were three ties and eight lead changes in the opening 20 minutes, which ended with Northwood leading 35-34.
- Northwood finished the first half shooting 44.1 percent (15-34) while going 5-13 from 3-point range.
- The Lakers went 14-27 overall from the floor (51.9 percent) in the half.
- Grand Valley State came out strong in the second half, scoring on their first possession to take a lead they would not give up.
- GVSU led 48-44 when the Lakers scored nine straight points to open up a 13-point lead.
- The Lakers led by as many as 15 and did not allow Northwood to get any closer than nine over the final 10 minutes.
- Northwood went 10-34 from the floor in the second half to finish at 29.4 percent in the second half, compared to GVSU at 46.2 percent (12-26).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Grand Valley State .491 (26-53), Northwood .368 (25-68)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Grand Valley State .357 (5-14), Northwood .250 (6-24)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Grand Valley State .667 (16-24), Northwood .571 (4-7)
- REBOUNDS: Grand Valley State 40 (Eight offensive), Northwood 36 (14 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Grand Valley State 14/13, Northwood 10/10
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will travel to Wayne State Thursday night (January 17). Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.