OVERVIEW – MICHIGAN TECH
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 83, Michigan Tech Huskies 70
RECORDS: Northwood (11-11, 8-6 GLIAC), Michigan Tech (10-11, 5-9 GLIAC)
LOCATION: SDC Gymnasium – Houghton, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood leads for nearly the entire game in 83-70 road win over Michigan Tech Thursday night (February 7).
- Northwood was the better team for nearly the entire opening half, as the Huskies led for just two seconds in the opening 20 minutes.
- The Timberwolves led by as many as 10 in the half before settling for a 37-31 lead at the break.
- Both teams relied on their inside game in the opening half – Northwood finished the opening 20 minutes shooting 53.3 percent (16-30) while MTU shot 50.0 percent (13-26).
- The teams each scored 22 points in the paint in the first half.
- Northwood scored the first seven points of the second half to open up a 44-41 lead.
- Michigan Tech hung around, but Northwood maintained a lead of at least eight points the rest of the way.
- The Timberwolves' biggest lead was 15 points.
- Northwood shot 41.7 percent in the second half (15-36) while connecting on 5-11 from 3-point range (45.5 percent) and 11-15 from the foul line (73.3 percent).
- Michigan Tech finished at 45.7 percent in the second half (16-35) but made just 1-11 from 3-point range (9.1 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .475 (29-61), Northwood .470 (31-66)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .188 (3-16), Northwood .364 (8-22)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Michigan Tech .571 (12-21), Northwood .765 (13-17)
- REBOUNDS: Michigan Tech 33 (Seven offensive), Northwood 43 (12 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Michigan Tech 10/11, Northwood 16/11
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 19 points, nine assists, seven rebounds, one turnover, 39 minutes
- Alec Marty: 18 points
- David Jelinek: 14 points, nine rebounds
- Northwood won both games in the season series against Michigan Tech for the first time in 20 years – NU won both against MTU in the 1998-99 season.
- The Timberwolves will head to Northern Michigan Saturday (February 9). Game time is set for 3 p.m.