OVERVIEW – #3 BELLARMINE
SCORE: #3 Bellarmine Knights 79, Northwood Timberwolves 62
RECORDS: Northwood (0-1), Bellarmine (1-0)
LOCATION: Knights Hall – Louisville, Ky.
RECAP: Third-ranked Bellarmine defeats Northwood 79-62 in the season opener for both teams Friday night (November 8).
- Bellarmine started the game fast, scoring 11 of the first 13 points of the game for the early advantage.
- The Knights extended their lead to as many as 14 before the Timberwolves got back within eight in the final minutes.
- BU scored the final four points of the half to take a 42-30 lead at the break.
- Northwood finished the opening half shooting 39.3 percent overall (11-28) but went just 2-12 from beyond 3-point range (16.7 percent).
- Bellarmine shot 42.9 percent from the floor (12-28) while going 6-13 from 3-point range (46.2 percent).
- The opening 10 minutes of the second half proved to be the key to the game.
- Bellarmine out-scored Northwood 24-9 over the opening 10:05 of the second half to push their lead to 66-39.
- NU played better the remainder of the way, but the Knights maintained their advantage to earn the win.
- Bellarmine's offense was efficient in the second half, shooting 56.0 percent overall (14-25) and 66.7 percent from 3-point range.
- Northwood shot 37.9 percent from the floor (11-29) overall and 23.1 percent from 3-point range (3-13).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Bellarmine .491 (26-53), Northwood .386 (22-57)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Bellarmine .526 (10-19), Northwood .200 (5-25)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Bellarmine .944 (17-18), Northwood .650 (13-20)
- REBOUNDS: Bellarmine 37 (8 offensive), Northwood 28 (9 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Bellarmine 17/13, Northwood 11/8
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ja'Kavien Lewis: 18 points, six assists, three rebounds
- Jack Ammerman: Nine points, three 3-pointers
- Bruno Solomun: Eight points, nine rebounds
- The Timberwolves will play Indianapolis Saturday (November 9). Game time is set for 3 p.m.