OVERVIEW – GREAT LAKES CHRISTIAN
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 111, Great Lakes Christian Crusaders 63
RECORDS: Northwood (1-2), Great Lakes Christian (1-3)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Men's Basketball picks up a 111-63 win over Great Lakes Christian in the Timberwolves' home opener Wednesday night (November 13).
- Northwood scored the first eight points of the game to set the tone for the game.
- The Crusaders cut the lead down to five at one point, but that is as close as they would get the remainder of the game.
- Northwood's 60-29 lead at halftime was their biggest of the opening half.
- The Timberwolves' offense was red-hot in the first half, shooting 63.6 percent from the floor (21-33) and 8-15 from the floor (53.3 percent).
- GLC ended the opening 20 minutes at 36.4 percent (12-33).
- Both teams had nine first-half turnovers.
- The Timberwolves maintained control of the game in the second half.
- Great Lakes Christian scored the first basket of the second half to get within 29 points. That is as close as they would get the rest of the way.
- NU led by as many as 49 before winning the contest by 48.
- Northwood continued to shoot the ball well, shooting 50.0 percent (20-40) overall and 47.0 percent from 3-point range (8-17) in the second half.
- The Crusaders shot 36.6 percent from the floor in the final 20 minutes (11-30).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Great Lakes Christian .365 (23-63), Northwood .562 (41-73)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Great Lakes Christian .222 (4-18), Northwood .500 (16-32)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Great Lakes Christian .650 (13-20), Northwood .722 (13-18)
- REBOUNDS: Great Lakes Christian 27 (9 offensive), Northwood 52 (9 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Great Lakes Christian 9/17, Northwood 25/18
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Jack Ammerman: 22 points (career-high), 6-11 from 3-point range, four assists
- Trey McBride: 18 points, six assists, five rebounds
- Trevor Davis: 14 points (career-high), 4-6 from the floor, five rebounds
- Danny Kolp: 15 points, seven rebounds, four assists
- Today's game was the first time NU scored over 100 points in a regulation game since November 15, 2015 when Northwood defeated St. Joseph's 115-85.
- The Timberwolves will host Findlay Monday (November 18). Game time is set for 6 p.m.